Springfield North High Class of 72
June 3, 2021
Class of 1972 50th Reunion Planning
Class of 1972 50th Reunion Planning we had a Zoom reunion committee meeting on Thursday. In no particular order those in attendance were:
- Deborah Miller-Baldwin
- Sherry Brumage-Payne
- Joyce Ware-Brannick
- Darrel Baker
Information we have so far:
- The date for the reunion is August 20, 2022
Choosing a venue:
Here is where we are. We had a meeting with a potential venue for our reunion. Deborah Miller-Baldwin and I met with a representative of the Courtyard by Marriott. We realized we need more information in order to make a good decision. We need to get an estimate of who is coming. This will help us know what size venue we are looking for. How much food we need, types of food, and the cost per person. We are trying to keep the cost down and still provide a quality experience. Of the venues we have looked at this one stands out for several reasons.
- We will get special pricing for a block of rooms.
- Since many of you are going to be coming from out of town. You will get a special price if we book the Grand Ballroom.
- It is in close proximity of our revitalized downtown.
- Local Entertainment
- It is an upscale venue.
- One of our classmates just stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott last week. He gave them a great review.
We need to know:
If you could email me the answers I would appreciate it. That way I will have a record of what you would like.
- Are you coming to the reunion?
- Are you bringing someone to the reunion?
- Do you need a Hotel Room?
- Do you or your guest require a special menu?
- Please send me anything else you think I might need to know.
We are researching this, it was brought up that maybe we could plant a tree on the new Springfield High School grounds.
Finding our Classmates:
I have added a new designation on the Classmate List. Sherry Brumage-Payne helped me add those of you on Facebook but have not verified your mailing address. This will greatly reduce the people that we have to find. Thank you Sherry! If you want to correct your information in the database you can still do that by contacting me. I am sure by now you have my email, phone number or you can contact me through this webpage.
We are trying to reach all our classmates. This is our 50th reunion and is a big one! Please reach out to your contact list. We can make this the largest reunion yet. Once we get all the information set for the reunion, we are going to start calling the phone numbers we have on record. We have also discussed a letter mailing. We are also going to research putting an ad in the Springfield News – Sun.
As a side note, I want you to understand this site does not contain any of your personal information, well, other than your name. I have never stored your information here.
So far these are the classmates we have found:
- 142 – Classmates with a good email and a verified address, or are on Facebook.
- 2 – Classmates that have asked not to be contacted.
- 58 – Classmates who are deceased.
If you have not already, go to the classmates list. Please make sure your name is spelled correctly and is in the correct color. If you have not done these things, please click the button.
I am looking forward to seeing you at the next reunion!